Social Media Content Creator / Copywriter
Words are important. That’s why we’re on the hunt for a writer who can arrange words in the most delightful ways to reach our enthusiastic users.
As a creative partner, the Social Media Content Creator / Copywriter will be a storyteller responsible for delivering creative ideas that bring the brand to life across all channels (apps, social, website, email). The ideal candidate will be a digital native with a strong connection to open source/open data mapping and navigation apps, that will help us build a community and grow it day by day.
On-site | Full-time
- Create and curate content, determine how and where that content is distributed, leverage best practices to drive reach on owned channels, forge partnerships to reach new audiences, and engage with our community to generate conversation and drive product education;
- Keep the community in the loop about the company’s major developments with communications and announcements on social media and website;
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the General Magic community. Tell us about their suggestions and concerns. Pinpoint up-and-coming social media trends and communicate trends, shifts, opportunities, and statuses with the management;
- Become the voice of our brand and create marketing and sales assets that stand out in the space. Write and transform ideas into compelling messages and include them on channels such as the company’s website, blog, newsletters, social media pages and more;
- Familiarize yourself with the company’s products, the target audience and the competitors’ activities; understand the company’s services and be able to easily explain and write about them;
- Write/design announcements, articles, flyers, and advertisements, corporate press releases, Q&A documents and more;
- Maintain the communication with the open data community like Open Street Maps and Wikipedia;
- Moderate the expectations of our (sometimes overly) enthusiastic users;
- Create, maintain and update the company’s profiles on specific business directories, online platforms, forums and technology blogs. Identify relevant websites for SEO;
- Write easy-to-understand documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user manual, online help, SDKs and developer guides in a clear and concise manner, based on the technical information provided by developers.
Experiences and Skills
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Bachelor's degree in PR, Communication, Marketing or a related area of study is considered an advantage;
- Prior working experience in content editing, copywriting or similar activities;
- Strategic, creative thinker comfortable with generating ideas and plans;
- Proactive and able to work autonomously while taking direction from leadership;
- Organized person with high attention to details and depth in planning and execution;
- Superior project management and time management skills;
- Impeccable writing, editing, proofreading, layout/design skills; must be able to communicate concepts effectively.
What we offer
- The possibility of contributing to globally marketed products
- The opportunity of working on unique projects, in a team of professionals
- A highly competitive salary package
- Great medical services package
- Meal tickets
- Free access to sports and recreation facilities (swimming pool, fitness, aerobics, swimming, skiing, football, reading)
- Unique sabbatical program